Nothing can go wrong now. The launchpad scaffolding is upright, the turbines are starting to run and we’ve packed three days’ worth of astronaut food. As long as no one gets »The Final Countdown« stuck in their head, we can get started without disruption: in two days, we’re taking you into unknown realms at the Kulturbrauerei!
And as the rocket launch is approaching, we’re surveying what awaits us from the 21st to the 23rd of August one last time, like Major Tom (and we promise to pick another career than he did). And we’re doing it at the speed of light:
- Over 60 concerts including brand new music and special sets by CocoRosie, Anna Calvi, Deerhoof, Shabazz Palaces, Lali Puna, alyona alyona, молчат дома (Molchat Doma), Mykki Blanco and many more.
- Fifteen commissioned works from acts such as 21 Downbeat feat. Jens Friebe, Ilgen-Nur and Rosaceae.
- There’s also »Pop-Hayat,« gathering installation works as well as music and a series of talks, curated by Yeşim Duman.
- Speaking of talks! There’s going to be a lot of them, because there’s just so much to talk about. Day tickets for just the talks, by the way, only cost a few coins.
- Even better: these tickets are also valid for the German-language reading by Dirk von Lowtzow and the film screenings! This year, we’re showing the documentaries »Where Does a Body End?« on Swans and »Everybody in the Place: An Incomplete History of Britain 1984-1992« by Jeremy Deller.
- Boris Paillard’s »African Beats & Pieces,« the »Goethe Residency« with ByLwansta and Robot Koch and »Pop-Kultur Nachwuchs: Live« on the 21st and the 22nd – we’ve already told you about those, haven’t we?
- At any rate, we did report last week about all the needed info on our on-site measures for accessibility as well as the inclusive aspects of the programme.
- Oh, right – still want tickets? They’re 25€ per day or 60€ for a three-day pass, plus fees.
Then get into your suit and helmet and out into space!